Being hit by a car can be a traumatic experience. If you were injured, you may be able to receive compensation.
What is Compensation?
Compensation is money that is paid to someone who has been injured as a result of the negligence of another person. If you were hit by a car, the driver of the vehicle may be legally responsible for your injuries if they were not driving safely.
How to Get Compensation
To make a claim for compensation, you will need to prove that the driver of the vehicle was negligent. This means that they were not driving safely and that their negligence caused your injuries. You can do this by gathering evidence, such as:
- Witness statements
- Photographs of the scene of the accident
- Medical records
Steps on How to Get Compensation
Here are the steps on how to get compensation for being hit by a car in the UK:
- Report the accident to the police.
- Get medical attention.
- Gather evidence.
- Speak to a personal injury lawyer.
- Claim as soon as possible.
How Many People Get Hit by Cars Each Year?
According to the Department for Transport, there were an estimated 1,560 fatalities in reported road collisions in 2021. Of all severities, fatalities showed the smallest increase in 2021 compared with 2020 (7%). Meanwhile, all casualties increased by 11%.
These statistics show that the number of people getting hit by cars in the UK each year is decreasing. However, it is still a significant number of people, and it is important to take steps to stay safe on the roads.
How Much Compensation Can I Get?
The amount of compensation you can get for being hit by a car will depend on the severity of your injuries, the impact they have had on your life, and the cost of your medical treatment. However, the average compensation pay-out for a pedestrian hit by a car is around £30,000.
The amount of compensation is calculated based on the following factors:
- The severity of the injuries sustained
- The impact the injuries have had on the victim’s life
- The cost of medical treatment
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
Why Claim Today?
There are many reasons why it is important to get an experienced and good personal injury solicitor after being hit by a car.
- They can help you understand your rights and options.
- They can represent you in negotiations with the other party’s insurance company.
- They can prepare and file all the necessary paperwork.
- They can represent you in court if necessary.
If you have been hit by a car, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. An experienced and good personal injury solicitor can help you understand your rights and options, and they can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Here are some additional tips for getting compensation after being hit by a car:
- Report the accident to the police as soon as possible.
- Get medical attention immediately, even if you don’t think you are injured.
- Gather evidence, such as witness statements, photographs of the scene of the accident, and medical records.
- Speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Why You Should Contact Claim Today 1999 at the Earliest Claim Time
Claim Time is Important
- Evidence can be lost or destroyed over time.
- Witnesses’ memories can fade if the claim time is delayed.
- The other party’s insurance company may be more likely to offer a settlement if you make a claim sooner.
We Understand What You’re Going Through
- We understand that you are going through a difficult time after an accident.
- We will help you every step of the way during the claim time.
- We will work with you to gather evidence, file your claim in a timely manner, and negotiate a settlement.
- We will also answer all of your questions and provide you with support throughout the process.
Contact Claim Today 1999 Today
- Learn more about how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Contact us today to get started.