It depends on the circumstances of the fall. If you tripped over a defect in the pavement or road and suffered an injury, you may be able to claim compensation from the local council or highways authority responsible for maintaining the road.
However, if you simply slipped or tripped due to your own negligence, it is unlikely that you would be able to claim compensation. To find out if you have a claim and should instruct n injury Solicitor call Claim Today now.
What is a Fall in a Street
Falls in the street typically occur when a person trips on an uneven surface, such as a crack in the sidewalk, a pothole, or a loose stone. Slippery surfaces, such as wet leaves or ice, can also be a cause of falls. Uneven stepping surfaces, such as stairs or curbs, can also lead to falls.
The following of some of the Causes of a Fall
1. Cracks in the pavement
2. Uneven pavement
3. Loose gravel
5. Raised manhole covers
6. Missing or broken sidewalk tiles
7. Unmaintained curbs and gutters
8. Poorly maintained street drainage
9. Overhanging tree branches and shrubbery
10. Debris and litter on the street
Who do I claim Against
If you have been injured after a fall in the street, you may be able to make a claim against your local authority. Depending on the circumstances of the fall, such as whether it was caused by a broken pavement or other defect, you may be able to claim compensation from the local council. If the incident occurred on private land, you may be able to make a claim against the landowner. If the fall was caused by a third party, you may be able to make a claim against that person.
All of these potential responsible parties will have insurance, the insurance company will meet your claim.
What Evidence is Needed
Usually just photographs of the areas you fell showing the defect and its size or measurements – from this we can tell you if you have a claim.
Additionally it might assist In order to make a claim for a fall in a street:
- This could include witness statements from people who saw the fall
- photos/videos of the incident
- medical records/bills to show any injuries sustained as a result of the fall
- any evidence that the fall was caused by a negligent party, such as a the Council or a private property owner
- evidence could include documents showing that the entity or individual was responsible for maintaining the street in a safe condition
- or records showing any prior reports of similar hazards.
What to do after a Fall in Street
Three Important Steps: to take
- If you have suffered a fall in the street, it is important to seek medical attention from your doctor or visit a hospital emergency room as soon as possible.
- Take photographs and video of the area or place where you fell as soon as possible.
- If you have suffered serious injuries, you may wish to contact a personal injury lawyer to discuss your legal options.
Conclusion : Yes you might be able to Claim
To find out please take following steps and get in touch with our 25 years experienced Solicitor who will confirm shortly whether you have a good chance of success:
1. Take pictures/photos/video of the scene: Take pictures of the scene of the fall, the ground, the area around you, and any visible damages that occurred as a result of the fall.
2. Get contact information of witnesses: If there are any witnesses to the fall, make sure to get their contact information.
3. File a report with the Council or property owner if possible : we can do this for you
4. Seek medical attention: Seek medical attention immediately to document your injuries.
5. Keep all documents and evidence: Keep all documents related to the accident, including photos, witness statements, medical records, and any other paperwork that could be relevant.
6. Contact a specialist personal injury lawyer: Claim Today backing you 100% since 1999 have helped thousands of clients successfully claim compensation after an accident in the street.
Any further questions after a fall or slip in a Public Place please call and speak to our 25 year experienced Solicitor who will advise you (not a call centre Operator)
Accident or Injury in the Street get in touch now with Claim Today call 0800 29 800 29 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Claim Today Backing you 100% since 1999