A public liability personal injury claim in the UK is a type of civil claim for damages against an authority or organisation that is legally responsible for causing harm or injury to another person. These claims are usually made in cases of negligence, product liability, or when someone has suffered an injury due to the unsafe premises or practices of a business. The claim is intended to cover the costs associated with the injury, such as medical bills and lost wages, as well as any pain and suffering the injured party has experienced.
Types of Public Liability Personal injury claims in the UK
1. Negligence – This type of claim arises when a person suffers an injury or illness due to the negligence of another person or organisation.
2. Breach of Statutory Duty – This type of claim arises when an individual suffers an injury or illness due to the breach of a legal duty imposed by statute.
3. Product Liability – This type of claim arises when an individual suffers an injury or illness due to a defective product.
4. Occupiers Liability – This type of claim arises when an individual suffers an injury or illness due to the negligence of an occupier or person in control of land or a public place.
5. Public Liability – This type of claim arises when an individual suffers an injury or illness due to the negligence of a public authority, such as a local council
Where Public Liability Claims Can Happen
Examples of public places where accidents can happen in the UK
1. Shopping Centres
2. Train Stations
3. Concert Venues
5. Streets and Roads
6. Public Parks
8. Cinemas and Theatres
9. Pubs and Bars
10. Sports Stadiums
Who Can Claim
Anyone who believes they have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence can make a public liability claim in the UK. This means that the claimant must prove that the defendant was negligent and that this negligence resulted in the claimant’s injury.
In order to make a successful claim, the claimant must be able to provide evidence of the defendant’s negligence, such as witness statements or medical records or photographs or documents – the claim time is important – the sooner you claim – the sooner we can help you collect all the evidence needed
Examples of Where Public Place injury claims arise in the UK
1. Slips and falls in shops, restaurants and other public places.
2. Injuries due to poor maintenance or hazardous conditions in public areas, such as broken paving stones or steps.
3. Injuries caused by defective or dangerous structures, such as handrails, ladders or playground equipment.
4. Injuries caused by poor lighting or inadequate security in public areas.
5. Accidents due to inadequate warning signs or safety barriers in public spaces.
6. Injuries caused by hazardous substances or materials in public areas.
7. Accidents caused by vehicles in public spaces, such as cars or buses.
8. Injuries caused by poorly maintained or dangerous sports equipment in public places.
9. Injuries caused by animals in public areas, such as dogs running loose in parks.
10. Injuries caused by burns, electrocution or hazardous materials in public areas.
Why it is important to claim for a public liability personal injury claim in the UK
Claiming for a public liability personal injury claim in the UK is important because it helps to ensure that victims of negligence or careless actions are compensated for their losses. In some cases, a personal injury claim can help to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs associated with the injury.
Additionally, it can help to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions and deter them from repeating such behaviour in the future. It can also provide closure to victims and their families, who may feel wronged or neglected by a careless or irresponsible party.
Accident or Injury in any Public Place we make it easy and risk free for you with no win no fee and you can speak to us in any Language you feel comfortable
Claim for Public accident with us – we speak your Language! make contact now with Claim Today
call 0800 29 800 29 or email email@example.com
or WhatsApp SMS +44 7901 558503
Claim Today Backing you 100% since 1999!