Lost Wages After Accident

You are not entitled to full pay if you are injured at work in the UK. You will be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer, which is a weekly payment of £95.85. You may also be eligible to apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

If you have had an accident at work in the UK, you may be entitled to a range of benefits, including Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Industrial Injury Disablement Benefit (IIDB) or other benefits from a trade union or employer. You may also be entitled to compensation from your employer if the accident was their fault.


Statutory Sick Pay

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) is a benefit paid by employers to employees in the UK who are too ill to work. It is paid for up to 28 weeks at the rate of £95.85 per week (as of April 2021). Eligibility for SSP depends on a number of criteria, including the employee’s age, earnings and length of service.

Statutory sick pay does not have to be repaid in the UK. It is a statutory entitlement and employers must pay the full amount of SSP due to the employee.


Company Sick Pay

In the UK, the majority of employers are not legally obligated to provide statutory sick pay (SSP) to their employees. However, some companies may offer contractual sick pay as part of an employment package. This is an agreement between the employer and employee that specifies the amount and duration of the sick pay they are entitled to. The amount and duration of contractual sick pay may vary from employer to employer, so it is important to check the details of your employment contract.

Yes, company sick pay is payable in addition to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) in the UK. Employers in the UK are not legally required to provide company sick pay, however some employers choose to offer it. If it is part of an employee’s contract, then it must be paid in addition to the SSP.


Lost Pay After Accident at Work

if you have suffered an accident at work, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation. You should contact Claim Today and speak to an advisor who can advise you on the legal processes and provide assistance to help you make a claim. You should also report the accident to your employer and keep records of any lost wages due to the accident. Our expert 25 year experienced personal injury solicitor who can represent you in making a claim against your employer.

In the UK, the law states that employers are obliged to pay employees their full salary if they are injured at work. However, it is important to note that this only applies if the injury occurred due to the proving employer’s negligence and for this you will need Clam Today to make a claim.


Only large and very profitable companies tend to pay full wages, some of the companies that are known to offer full pay after an accident at work in the UK include:

– Tesco

– Royal Mail

– British Gas

– Unilever

– BP

– Barclays

– BT

– Nestle

– Lloyds Banking Group

– John Lewis

– Marks and Spencer

– Sainsbury’s


– Virgin Media

– Deutsche Bank

– Aviva

– Nationwide

– BAE Systems


– GlaxoSmithKline

– Ernst & Young


– Deloitte

– PricewaterhouseCoopers

– Rolls Royce

– British Airways

– AstraZeneca

– Vodafone

– Shell


How To Claim Back Lost Pay After Accident At Work In UK?

1. Report the accident to your employer. You should do this as soon as possible, as you may be entitled to receive statutory sick pay (SSP) if you have to take time off work due to your injury.

2. Request written confirmation from your employer that the accident has been reported.

3. Make a claim for personal injury compensation. You should contact a personal injury lawyer who will be able to advise you on how to claim for lost wages and any other losses you have sustained due to the accident.

4. Contact the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) if you believe that your employer is responsible for the accident. The HSE may be able to help you to get compensation for your losses.

5. Submit your claim to the Employment Tribunal if your employer refuses to pay you. The Employment Tribunal will assess your claim and may award you compensation.



simple and easy way to claim back lost pay after accident at work in UK ? CalL Claim Today!

Other steps you can take:

1. Contact your employer to discuss the situation and try to reach an agreement.

2. Make an appointment with your doctor and get a medical report.

3. Make a claim with us “no win no fee” if the employer is unwilling to pay.

claim-today-clock-Thumbs Up-pose

We've made it very easy to get advice