Average Whiplash Claim Payout in the UK
Whiplash is a type of injury that occurs when the head and neck are suddenly and violently jerked back and forth. It is a common injury in car accidents, but it can also be caused by other types of accidents, such as falls or sports injuries.
Average Whiplash Claim Payout
In the UK, the average whiplash claim payout used to be £2,500. However, the amount of compensation you receive will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the extent of your losses, and the circumstances of the accident.
Factors Affecting Whiplash Compensation
The severity of your injuries is the most important factor in determining how much compensation you will receive for a whiplash claim. The more severe your injuries, the higher the amount of compensation that may be awarded.
Other factors that may be considered include:
- The extent of any financial losses, such as medical expenses, lost earnings, and care costs
- The circumstances of the accident, such as whether the other party was at fault
- The claimant’s age, occupation, and future earning potential
- The claimant’s pain and suffering
How to Get the Most Compensation for Your Whiplash Claim
If you have been injured in a car accident and you think you may have whiplash, it is important to take the following steps to get the most compensation for your claim:
- Seek medical attention immediately. This will help to document your injuries and ensure that you receive the treatment you need.
- Keep a record of all your expenses. This includes medical bills, lost wages, and any other costs that have been caused by your injuries.
- Take photos and videos of your injuries. This will help to support your claim and show the extent of your injuries.
- Get witness statements. If anyone saw the accident, ask them to give you a statement about what happened.
- Speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you to understand your rights and to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
The OIC Whiplash Tariff
In 2021, the UK government introduced a new whiplash tariff, which sets out fixed amounts of compensation for whiplash claims. The tariff is based on the severity of the injury and the length of time it takes to recover.
The amounts awarded under the OIC whiplash tariff are as follows:
- Mild whiplash: £240
- Moderate whiplash: £570
- Severe whiplash: £1,140
Claim time is the period of time after an accident in which you can make a whiplash claim. In the UK, claim time is three years. This means that you have three years from the date of the accident to make a claim for whiplash.
If you miss claim time, you may be unable to make a claim for whiplash. It is therefore important to seek legal advice as soon as possible after an accident if you think you may have whiplash.
If you have been injured in a car accident and you think you may have whiplash, it is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. A personal injury lawyer can help you to understand your rights and to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.