Joe, who cannot be named for legal reasons, lost his sight after his GP failed to diagnose his Giant Cell Arteritis. His lawyers said the symptoms were classic and the GPs should have referred him for investigation.
The GPs denied liability but settled the claim out of court. Joe said he is delighted with the settlement and hopes his story serves as a warning. He added, “If I had been diagnosed sooner, I might not have lost my sight.”
What we can learn from Joe’s case
- Seek medical attention promptly. If you are concerned about your health, please do not hesitate to see your GP.
- Be assertive with your doctor. If you are experiencing any unusual symptoms, don’t be afraid to ask for a second opinion.
- Keep track of your symptoms. Write down when you first started experiencing symptoms, how often they occur, and how severe they are. This information can be helpful to your doctor when they are trying to diagnose your condition.
- Ask questions. If you don’t understand something your doctor tells you, ask them to explain it in a way that you can understand.
- Don’t be afraid to get a second opinion. If you’re not satisfied with your doctor’s diagnosis, or if you’re not sure if you’re getting the treatment you need, get a second opinion from another doctor.
Why it is important to contact Claim Today after a delayed diagnosis or treatment
- We can help you understand your legal rights and options. The law can be complex, so we can explain your rights and options in a way that you can understand. We can help you understand the different types of compensation that may be available to you, and we can advise you on the best way to proceed with your claim.
- We can represent you in any legal proceedings that may be necessary. If you decide to make a claim for compensation, we can represent you in court. We have a team of experienced lawyers who are dedicated to helping people who have been injured by the negligence of others. We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
- We can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our goal is to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. We will work hard to gather all of the evidence that is needed to support your claim, and we will negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company. We will not rest until we have secured the compensation that you deserve.
If you have suffered a delayed treatment or delayed diagnosis that has caused you any minor or serious life changing injury, please contact Claim Today today. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have and to discuss your case with you in more detail.
Contact Claim Today today.
We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.